Garden Design Consultation
On site consultation
Sometimes it is hard to know where to start when creating or renewing a garden. If you have a particular problem area, need help with planning a new garden, or would like some expert advice before you buy plants, an onsite consultation could be the solution.
A qualified and experienced horticulturist visits your garden to answer your questions and help solve your garden problems. You will get lots of good advice, loads of ideas and recommendations right for your garden area. We can give you suggestions on everything from what pest or disease is damaging your garden; how to prepare your soil and what plant to put where. We leave you with notes on what was suggested during the consultation; however, it is not possible to draw a formal design or give you a detailed plan during an onsite consultation.
Fee is $150.00 (including GST and travel within 1/2 hour of Guildford) which includes:
- A one-hour discussion with a Guildford Town Garden Centre consultant to find out all you wanted to know about your plants and garden. Additional time is billed at $150/hour or part thereof.
- VIP discount card
Payment can be made at the appointment by cash or credit card.
Call in or get in touch with us by phone or email and we will get our horticulturist to contact you to make an appointment.
In store consultation
In store consultations give you the opportunity to discuss your garden with our consultant, view a wide variety of plants and consider different option for your garden.
Fee is $100.00 (including GST) which includes:
- A one-hour discussion with a consultant to find out all you wanted to know about your plants and garden. Additional time is billed at $100/hour or part thereof.
- VIP discount card
In store consultations are available by appointment and may not be possible during busy periods at weekends.
The better prepared you are the more you will get out of our meeting. Please bring the information with you to the consultation:
- Measurements of your garden area
- Printed photos of the existing area
- Information about the aspect of the garden e.g. faces south, gets filtered light, afternoon sun etc.
- Any ideas you have for the space including photos, plant names etc
- A sample of your soil – 1 tablespoon from each area is sufficient
Please call, email or drop by the garden centre to book an in store consultation.
If you would like a full design and a plan drawn to scale, or need a landscaper do the job, we can help.