On Site Consultation
Sometimes it is hard to know where to start when creating or renewing a garden. We are always happy to answer any of your questions regarding your garden, however if you feel you need our undivided attention to discuss your garden, consultations are available by appointment.
Our Garden Consultations are not a formal design service and do not leave you with a drawn plan, but provides you with help from an experienced and qualified horticulturist. We can give suggestions on anything plant and garden related, with everything from what pest or disease is damaging your garden to what to plant to put where.
We encourage you to take notes and ask questions on soil preparation and improving, pH testing, mulching, pest and disease identification, appropriate plant selection and design ideas.
You can organise a time for one of our team members to meet you at your home or place of business to discuss your gardening needs and what you would like to achieve.
Fee is $150.00 (including GST and travel within 1/2 hour of Guildford) which includes:
- Up to one hour’s discussion with a Guildford Town Garden Centre consultant to find out all you wanted to know about your plants and garden. Additional time time is billed at $150/hour or part there of.
- VIP discount card
In Store Consultation
In store consultations give you the opportunity to stroll through our centre and view a wide variety of plants first hand, giving you great ideas and contextual information from your consultant simultaneously. Hour long in store consultations are available by appointment. Please note in store consultations may not be available on weekends.
Fee is $100.00 (including GST) which includes:
- Up to one hour’s discussion with a consultant to find out all you wanted to know about your plants and garden. Additional time time is billed at $100/hour or part there of.
- VIP discount card
The better prepared you are the more you will get out of our meeting. You should have the following information ready and available:
- Measurement of the intended garden area to be discussed
- Printed photos of the area
- A sample of your soil – 1 tablespoon from each area is sufficient
- Understanding of the aspect – filtered light, full sun – north east west south
- Any current ideas you already have – photos, images, plant names etc
Please call, email or drop by the garden centre to book either an in store consultation or one in your garden.
Get to know Joanne and the team for genuine personal service. But if you would like a plan and perhaps have a landscaper do the job we can help. Click on Landscaping…